Here’s my Six Tips for implementing online PR. It’s by no means exhaustive – just the first steps to get you going:
- Educate your client as to the importance of online visibility and how even small online audiences can be valuable for driving traffic to their site
- Make sure all press releases issued are visible online – this means posting every release to an online press release wire
- Establish what your clients’ main keywords and phrases are – if your client has an SEO agency find out from them what keywords have been selected
- Ensure such keywords are included in press releases and where releases appear online make sure keywords link to relevant pages on your clients’ site
- Actively seek out online coverage by targeting online editors and specialist websites
- Identify the top ten or twenty bloggers who talk about subjects relevant to your client and consider engaging with them
My Six Tips pages are quick guides to getting better media coverage. For more detailed advice, check out our whitepapers for PR professionals.